UL 880 is a comprehensive enterprise-level sustainability standard and certification program provided by UL Environment. The intent of the certification is to help companies measure their progress from more siloed sustainability activities toward a vision of integration, where sustainability objectives and performance are part of their overall enterprise goals, business, and functions.
UL developed and published the UL 880 standard after a rigorous stakeholder engagement process in collaboration with the GreenBiz group.
UL 880 covers five domains of sustainability:
- Sustainability Governance: how an organization leads and manages itself in relation to its stakeholders, including its employees, investors, regulatory authorities, customers, and the communities in which it operates
- Environment: an organization's environmental footprint across its policies, operations, products and services, including its resource use and emissions
- Workplace: issues related to employee working conditions, organization culture, and effectiveness
- Customers and Suppliers: issues related to an organization's policies and practices on product safety, quality, pricing, and marketing as well as its supply chain policies and practices
- Social and Community Engagement: an organization's impacts on its community in the areas of social equity, ethical conduct, and human rights
- Differentiate Your Brand: Today's educated consumers and shareholders have become much more selective; third-party certification can help you communicate your brand as a sustainable option.
- Position for Success: Research linking financial performance with sustainability performance is clear; companies that build sustainability into their core business operations and functions perform better.
- Attract the Best: New employees want to work for mission-driven companies.
UL can conduct initial assessments and validate against specific components of the standard.
For more information, please call us at:
Call US/Canada: 1.888.485.4733
RELATED INDUSTRIES AND SOLUTIONS