UL offers a broad range of reliability testing services to help customers find out the probability that a product will perform its intended function for a given period of time under a given set of conditions. This will give customers a better understanding of where and why product changes may be needed to meet regulatory requirements, industry standards and a brand’s own quality expectations.
Backed by decades of expertise, UL’s laboratories perform comprehensive reliability testing, enabling our customers to rectify potential defects before launching products.
Customizable to a company’s unique requirements, UL’s reliability testing provides quick turnaround and confidentiality about who our customers are and the products we’re testing for them. Our services are calibrated to offer companies the flexibility to implement design changes into their development cycles and minimize time to shelf.
UL’s reliability testing includes:
- Climatic tests (high/low temperature, humidity, thermal shock and corrosion resistance)
- Solar radiation tests
- Mechanical tests (vibration, shock, freefall drop, compression and impact hammer)
- Loose cargo
- Combined environments (vibration and high/low temperature)
- Highly accelerated testing (accelerated testing (HALT/HASS))
- Ingress protection (IP rating “solid object” ingress tests, IP rating water tests and rain tests)