UL Environment is proud to offer certification to NSF/ANSI 332 Sustainability Assessment for Resilient Floor Coverings. This voluntary sustainability standard enables resilient floor covering manufacturers to demonstrate their commitment to sustainability through third-party certification and achieve credibility in the marketplace, and with specifiers.
NSF/ANSI 332 was developed by the Resilient Floor Covering Institute (RFCI) with the assistance of NSF International through a multi-stakeholder committee. It is a tiered standard, with products achieving a certification level of Conformant, Silver, Gold and Platinum.
The standard is divided into six categories, based on a 90-point scale (plus Innovation):
- Product Design – 30 points
- Product Manufacturing – 29 points
- Long-term Value – 9 points
- End-of-Life Management – 10 points
- Corporate Governance – 12 points
- Innovation* – maximum of 10 points
Certification is awarded when 11 prerequisites are satisfied and the required amount of optional points is achieved.
- Conformant – All prerequisites and minimum of 25 points
- Silver – All prerequisites and minimum of 35 points
- Gold – All prerequisites and minimum of 45 points
- Platinum – All prerequisites and minimum of 60 points
Our dedicated, knowledgeable and customer service-oriented team members work closely with participating manufacturers to ensure a smooth and efficient certification process. Once certified, manufacturers can leverage the NSF Sustainability Certified Mark to gain marketplace preference and increase the likelihood of product specification.
Certification to this standard provides a market-based definition and path to more sustainable flooring through performance requirements for the individual product and the manufacturing organization.
For more information on NSF 332 resilient flooring certification, please call us at +1.888.485.4733.