UL Mobile Card Test Platform tests universal integrated circuit card (UICC) or (universal) subscriber identity module (U-SIM) applications that are under development by simulating a mobile phone. The simulation’s behavior can be controlled or predicted to allow users to check whether a card responds as specified and expected in all possible scenarios before being released to the market.
UL Mobile Card Test Platform provides application developers and testers with a trusted and comprehensive means to simulate a mobile phone. Key benefits for users include:
- Powerful and flexible scripting abilities
- Off-the-shelf, fully automated test suites
- Quick rejection or acceptance of new cards
- Batch scripts to streamline testing
- Ease of use with Aspects Spy for fast debugging
- Easy-to-use interface
- Ability to share exported test certificates with other interested parties by using a free Mobile Spy trace viewer
In combination with hardware devices, UL Mobile Card Test Platform delivers a powerful method for testing applications on the UICC. The platform’s flexibility enables writing and running test scripts, and creating clear and concise test certificates to provide a reliable audit trail.
To customize test scripts and test suites, UL Card Test Platform supports the following Application Programming Interfaces (APIs):
- 3G API
- GSM API
- SWP API
- GlobalPlatform API
UL Card Test Suites are an efficient way of validating a card against relevant 3GPP specifications.