UL EMV Terminal Simulator is a configurable software tool that simulates a contact terminal, a contactless terminal or an automated teller machine (ATM) to check the complete payment transaction from cards issued or mobile payment applications to an issuing host.
As an all-in-one tool, UL EMV Terminal Simulator simulates the real behavior of a contact or contactless Point of Interaction (POI) without the need for procuring a range of actual physical payment terminals. With flexible and clear configuration, this tool can:
- Test payment applications on contact cards, contactless cards and mobile phones
- Test the combination of payment products and issuer host systems
- Speed up terminal development when used as reference terminal
- Provide an ideal approach for migration to EMV, contactless chip and near field communication (NFC) mobile payments
- Deliver automatic analyses of messages and issues
- Provide in-depth interpretation of ISO messages, including all EMV details
- Act as a convenient utility for parsing and interpreting EMV data and ISO 8583 messages
The tool allows users to configure the simulated terminal with a selection of EMV terminal parameters, such as:
- Application selection
- Processing restrictions
- Terminal risk management
- Terminal action analysis
- Online processing
- Issuer script processing
Users can set up the UL EMV Terminal Simulator as a separate terminal and connect to an authorization host, or switch on the in-built authorization simulator to replicate a complete payment transaction processing infrastructure.
Any testing by the UL EMV Terminal Simulator generates a detailed and clear report. All technical data in commands and responses are logged and interpreted.