UL’s code evaluation service helps in determining code compliance for products when:
With more than a century of trusted safety testing, inspection and certification expertise, UL is uniquely qualified to deliver high-quality, technical evaluation reports to help get products to market in a timely manner and at a reasonable cost.
With the UL code evaluation service, customers receive:
- A comprehensive review of products and systems in accordance with relevant code requirements
- A review of test data from accredited laboratories
- A UL evaluation report
- Inclusion of UL evaluation reports in UL’s Online Certifications Directory, which has advanced search capabilities
- Inclusion in UL’s Code Correlation Database
- Ready acceptance by authorities having jurisdiction (AHJs), architects and contractors
Our product safety experts perform code evaluation services as an extension of our traditional product safety evaluation activities. The work involves a UL review of the product’s construction, test data and installation details.
If a product satisfies code requirements, UL will deliver a report of our findings to our customer. The report holder also undergoes product inspections and quality inspection services similar to UL’s traditional follow-up services and inspection audits to ICC Evaluation Service, Inc. AC10 Requirements.