Transaction Security Test Services
Payment chip-related products and systems need to comply with a wide-ranging set of global industry standards and protocols. UL helps our customers cut through the compliance confusion.
Our transaction security test centers are certified and accredited to evaluate, execute and manage testing of chip-related products and systems against global regulations, standards and protocols. Our trusted and thorough security assessments enable companies to bring products and systems to market with confidence.
In cooperation with several certification authorities, processors, acquirers and international brands, UL offers:
- POS testing, including Common Terminal Acquirer Protocol (C-TAP) and NFC
- ATM testing, including bank-specific protocols and functional testing of terminals
- Brand testing, including American Express, Discover, Diners Club Acquirer E2E, Diners Club, Interac, JCB, MasterCard and Visa
- Card testing, including card personalization evaluations, functional (stress) testing and e-passport (functional) evaluations
- Handset testing, including functional testing for schemes such as EMVCo, GFC-PTCRB, Visa and MasterCard
- Mobile secure element testing, including functional testing based on the following schemes: EMVCo, GlobalPlatform, Visa, MasterCard, JCB, American Express and Discover
- ISO functional testing, including functional testing of level 1 contact and contactless cards against ISO 7816 and ISO 10373 standards
Payment card issuers and local switching networks require testing against specific standards to help ensure interoperability across their entire systems. Meeting this requirement is a mandatory step before issuing and acquiring infrastructures can be put into production.
UL provides a range of testing services for POS, ATMs, (smart) cards, NFC/TSM, e-identification, and other systems and infrastructures in order to help enable our customers gain the necessary certifications for their projects.
Within our transaction security test laboratories, we perform scientifically accurate, up-to-date and rigorous testing of transaction systems. Our transaction security experts bring quantifiable value to every project with proven, real-world knowledge of security best practices and how best to implement them. We understand the big picture, and we pay meticulous attention to the smallest details. And our global knowledge of exacting transaction security standards and regulatory demands enables our customers to meet aggressive go-to-market deadlines.
PRODUCTS THIS SERVICE APPLIES TOPayment cards, Payment terminals, Mobile secure elements, Mobile handsets, ISO requirements, E-identification
|- ISO 7816||Identification Cards - Cryptographic information|
|- ISO 10373||Identification Cards - Test Methods|
|Mandates from payment schemes:||American Express, MasterCard, JCB, Discover, Visa, Diners Club and Interac|