Safety is important to specifiers in their selection of products. Buyers and specifiers are also increasingly concerned with product performance. UL’s third-party performance certification lets specifiers and end-users know that the product has been tested and certified as meeting the performance requirements of proprietary industry specifications, national or international standards. Furthermore, our performance testing can typically be completed during safety testing, saving time and money.
UL provides third-party performance certification to determine if a product meets specific performance-based standards or parameters.
UL’s performance certification provides peace of mind that the product or system will work as intended and comply with industry requirements — without risking down time, removal and/or re-installation due to noncompliance.
Backed by over a century of safety science knowledge and innovation, UL’s technical experts provide the highest levels of assurance in the rigor and integrity of all certifications. Our comprehensive understanding of a wide range of Standards, test options and integrations with other certification programs provides flexible support for the needs of every customer.
As a widely recognized and respected symbol of trust, the UL Mark can also help to improve or speed market acceptance with international authorities, specifiers and buyers.
UL’s performance certifications are published in the company’s Online Certifications Directory and are supported by its Follow-Up Service, to determine ongoing compliance, and by UL’s Global Security and Brand Protection team.
For more information on UL’s performance certification, please contact us at 1.877.UL.HELPS (1.877.854.3577).
PRODUCTS THIS SERVICE APPLIES TOLocal Area Network (LAN) communication cables; permanent link, channel products and telecommunication cabling products; crystalline modules, thin film modules, as well as Furniture and Bedding.
- UL 61215 – Crystalline Modules
- UL 61646 – Thin Film Modules
- ANSI/TIA-568 C.2 – Balanced Twisted-Pair Telecommunications Cabling and Components Standards
- ISO/IEC 11801 – Information Technology – Generic Cabling for Customer Premises, Cable Categories 5e, 6, 6A, 7 and 7A
- IEC 61156-5 – Multi-Core and Symmetrical Pair/Quad Cables for Digital Communications – Part 5: Symmetrical Pair/Quad Cables with Transmission Characteristics up to 1,000 MHz-Horizontal Floor Wiring – Sectional Specification
- IEC 61156-6 – Multi-Core and Symmetrical Pair/Quad Cables for Digital Communications – Part 6: Symmetrical Pair/Quad Cables with Transmission Characteristics up to 1,000 MHz- Work Area Wiring – Sectional Specification
- NEMA WC 66 – Performance Standard for Category 6 and 7 100 Ohm Shielded and Unshielded Twisted Pair Cables
- NEMA WC 63.1 – Performance Standard for Twisted Pair Premise Voice and Data Communications Cables
- BS EN 50173-1 – Information Technology – Generic Cabling Systems – Part 1: General Requirements
- EN 50288-1 – Multi-Element Metallic Cables Used in Analogue and Digital Communication and Control – Part 1: Generic Specification
- Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association (BIFMA): Voluntary consensus standards that for durability of furniture products. Tests available include ANSI/BIFMA X5.1, X5.3, X5.4, X5.5, X5.6, X5.9, X6.1.