Level 2 MIFARE Functional Certification
The UL MIFARE® Test Center offers Functional Certification services, which include all current and future MIFARE specifications, such as MIFARE Classic, MIFARE DESFire®, and MIFARE Plus®.
Certification services to MIFARE specifications.
MIFARE products have been deployed by more than 650 cities worldwide, and are used for public transport ticketing in megacities such as London, Moscow, Los Angeles and Beijing.
They are also an essential element in many other applications around the world, such as loyalty programs, access management, event ticketing and micropayment systems. The proliferation of MIFARE products into mobile devices is guided by the MIFARE4Mobile® Industry Group, consisting of leading players in the NFC ecosystem.
The goal of the MIFARE Functional Certification process is to try to create interoperability, acceptance, performance and security through functional testing in a market where multiple parties have a MIFARE license. UL certifies the logical communication layer of MIFARE card products, based on MIFARE specifications.
The certification includes MIFARE Classic, MIFARE Plus and MIFARE DESFire. The service is applied to any technical product that has MIFARE technology, which can be delivered as:
- Contactless smart card that is ISO 14443 compliant
- Secure Element in an NFC-capable handset, where the handset is provided by the customer
- Secure Element (as long as ISO 14443 or SWP is supported), including UICC that is ISO 7816 ID-000 or ID-1 compliant (e.g., Micro SD and other form factors, like watches)
- Customer-defined prototypes, which comply with the conditions for certification of intermediate products
To start the certification process, the customer guide and order form can be requested by using the contact form. Once the order form has been received and additional questions answered, the intake can start.
The intake process helps ensure that all relevant test equipment is available for testing, and the specified testing environment is set up. The next step involves execution, where UL generates a test report containing the summary of test results, as well as recommendations. This test report is formally delivered to both NXP and the licensee during the validation and certification phase of the process. The time between step 2 (intake) and step 3 (execution) takes six days, to improve quality while maintaining a fast time to market.
PRODUCTS THIS SERVICE APPLIES TOSmart Card Universal Integrated Circuit Card (UICC) Secure Element (SE) NFC mobile devices
RELATED INDUSTRIES AND SOLUTIONS
- Level 1 EMVCo Card Type Approval
- Level 1 EMVCo Contactless Mobile Product Type Approval
- Level 1 Radio Frequency Interoperability Testing
- Level 2 EMVCo Card Type Approval
- Level 2 GlobalPlatform Conformance Testing
- Level 2 Payment Card and Applet Type Approval
- Level 2 and 3 Functional Interoperability Testing
- Level 3 Card Profile Definition
- Level 3 MasterCard Card Personalization Validation
- MIFARE4Mobile Certification