EMV Host Test Tool
EMV (Europay, MasterCard, Visa) is a global standard describing the use of chip technology for payment cards and payment terminals. As greater industry alignment and market acceptance of EMV implementation takes place, UL is an expert partner for customers who need to test host capabilities and infrastructure.
UL EMV Host Test Tool offers a wide array of robust test functionalities and benefits to bring confidence to users of EMV transaction applications.
UL EMV Host Test Tool provides a comprehensive set of tools for testing EMV transaction processing hosts and switches.
The tool consists of a complete set of modules for testing payment hosts. Depending on customer requirements, it provides a dedicated collection of functionalities:
- Transaction generator: Used for testing authorization and financial message processing of an issuer host
- Terminal simulator: Allows checking the complete payment transaction from cards issued or mobile payment applications to an issuing host
- Authorization simulator: Confirms the correct generation and processing of authorization messages by an acquirer host infrastructure
- Clearing and settlement module: Allows generation and interpretation of clearing and settlement files
- Load and performance module: Provides the ability to generate large numbers of authorization request messages of different transaction types to analyze and stress test an issuer host infrastructure
By default, a range of messaging protocols is supported (e.g., MasterCard’s BankNet, Visa’s VisaNet), which can be extended on a customer’s request.
UL EMV Host Test Tool comprehensively supports customers in achieving test objectives for both acquiring and issuing host systems. The tool enables acquirers, acquirer processes and merchants to test an acquirer’s network capability to generate correct messaging properly. It also allows issuers to test the ability of an issuer’s host system to process authorization messages.
By testing the main links in the payment network through simulation of the vital links before going into production, the tool can assist in avoiding any major disruption in a payment infrastructure. Ultimately, the UL EMV Host Test Tool is an ideal test tool to prove all major links in the network, from card (via hosts) to terminal and vice versa, work correctly.
Additional key benefits of this test tool are:
- Ideal for migration to EMV, contactless chip and near field communication (NFC)
- Automatic analyses of messages and issues
- In-depth interpretation of ISO messages, including all EMV details
- Convenient utilities for parsing and interpreting EMV data and ISO 8583 messages
- Support for cloud-based payments (tokenization) messaging
- Definition and storing of different test environment configuration profiles
- Flexibility and clear configuration
To ensure that customers can effectively use the tool and gain maximum benefit, UL offers a service contract for tools that provides access to our technical support services. Our experienced technical team is able to provide support, advice and guidance.
The following support services are covered:
- New releases
- Help desk support
- Bug fixes
- Instant hardware replacement