EMC Automotive Testing
UL provides comprehensive, timely and accurate assessments of electronic automotive components to OEM and international EMC Standards. With a global network of A2LA ISO 17025 accredited, OEM recognized testing facilities, UL can support suppliers throughout the development process with engineering development, design validation (DV) and production validation (PV) testing.
Automotive EMC testing analyzes a device’s electromagnetic compatibility and resilience to defined test methods that simulate extreme vehicular environments.
UL brings expertise, efficiency and exceptional customer service to EMC testing for automotive products. The benefits of UL’s EMC testing services include:
- UL’s Novi, Michigan lab is the only 3rd Party EMC test facility in Metro Detroit recognized for DV/PV testing to Chrysler, Ford and GM EMC standards.
- As a vehicle certification agency (VCA), UL is authorized to test for and approve compliance with market Vehicle Directive to help customers gain automotive electronic/electric device and components E/e Mark certification
- Wireless Access to world markets. UL’s EMC testing capabilities are accredited to test for radio type certifications across the global marketplace. UL is registered as a Telecommunication Certification Body (TCB) for the United States and a Foreign Certification Body (FCB) for Canada. UL is a Notified Body for the EMC and R&TTE Directives (2004/108/EC and 1999/5/EC) for Europe.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Zigbee qualification and certification services. Qi certification for wireless inductive chargers.
- Industry-leading expertise. Our NARTE-certified engineers and technicians review EMC test plans, testing procedures and standard operating procedures, helping ensure that the testing is performed correctly the first time.
- Tailored testing solutions to help our customers meet their deadlines. Using software automation to enhance process efficiency, analyze results and reduce testing cycles, we can provide detailed, reviewed reports within five business days of test completion.
- Concentrated area of focus. UL’s dedicated automotive EMC testing facilities worldwide enable us to offer global reach with a local presence.
For more information on UL’s EMC automotive testing, please contact us at 248-427-5300.
|Standards||EMC/ Electrical test methods expertise for GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda, Nissan, Toyota, Hyundai/Kia, VW, Audi, Jaguar/Land Rover, Daimler, Fiat, Volvo, Peugeot, Mercedes, BMW and more.|
|SAE J1113, J1455, J2962||—|
|Standards||Commercial Vehicle – Cummins, PACCAR, Freightliner|
|Standards||Agricultural/Off Highway – John Deere|
|MIL STD 461||—|
|Standards||ECE/UN Vehicle Type Directives for ESA e/E Mark certification compliance|