Capacity Building and Continuous Improvement Advisory Services
Sustainable business growth requires solid, actionable intelligence and a practical action plan that enables excellence across the global value chain. UL provides our customers with business intelligence and change management support aimed at helping enhance compliance, facilitating collaborative problem-solving and providing stakeholders with sustainable returns on their investment.
UL's capacity building and continuous improvement advisory services provide guidance aimed at helping companies address systemic issues in management systems and operations.
UL takes a holistic approach to solving the root issues that can stand in the way of a successful partnership in the global value chain. Our services are aimed at enhancing management systems, fostering worker engagement, improving legal and code of conduct compliance, and realigning processes with stakeholder expectations.
UL's capacity building and continuous improvement advisory services include the following:
- Onsite and remote support services support a factory or vendor through training, management advisory meetings, identification of next steps and development of key performance indicators (KPIs) for continuous improvement.
- Corrective Action Preventive Action (CAPA) Online Management supports the corrective and preventive action process by tracking remediation in real time, from inception to closure.
- Assisted program management implements in-country programs to communicate project goals and program expectations. UL field staff visit a facility, assist with program implementation, and report progress directly to customers.
- Vendor and agent compliance programs promote collaboration between vendors and agents within manufacturing channels to develop sustainable remediation programs.
- Factory communication systems focus on strengthening worker engagement by helping create a structured system for two-way dialogue between workers and management that enables employee concerns and suggestions to be collected, routed, recorded and answered in a consistent fashion.
- Employee handbooks clearly outline rights and responsibilities of workers and management, created in conjunction with a factory to help deliver a productive, predictable workforce. Training plans are developed in all applicable languages.
- Compliance manuals assist vendors, importers and licensees in understanding customer and legal regulations.
- Performance indicator reporting delivers key insights based on a frequent self-reporting process with key suppliers and demonstrates factory progress toward benchmarked goals.
PRODUCTS THIS SERVICE APPLIES TOApparel, textiles, dietary supplements, electronics, electrical, food and beverage, footwear, leather goods, general consumer merchandise, furniture, candle accessories, health and beauty care, household chemicals, jewelry, watches, OTC/pharmaceuticals, premium and promotional products, store brands/private labels, toys, nursery and children's products
|Global Social Compliance Programme (GSCP)||Provides a global cross-industry platform to promote the exchange of knowledge and best practices in order to build comparability and transparency between existing social compliance and environmental compliance systems|
|International Council of Toy Industries (ICTI) CARE Process||The toy industry's ethical manufacturing program aimed at ensuring safe and humane workplace environments for toy factory workers worldwide|
|Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI)||Business-led initiative that provides a common code of conduct and supports efforts toward building an ethical supply chain by providing a step-by-step, development-oriented system applicable to all sectors and all sourcing countries|
|Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC), EICC Conflict-Free Smelter (CFS) Program||Program Code of conduct provides guidelines for performance and compliance with critical CSR policies. EICC provides tools to audit compliance with the code and helps companies report progress|
|Initiative Clause Sociale (ICS)||Shared code of ethics, tools and audit protocols predominately for France-based companies|
|Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit (SMETA)||A process for a common best practice guide, audit report format and corrective action format; built around measuring compliance against the ETI Base Code|
|Fair Labor Association (FLA)||Common adoption of workplace standards, monitoring and reporting|
|Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production (WRAP)||Five-step certification system, focused on lawful, humane and ethical manufacturing throughout the world|
|Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI)||Improving working conditions through a commitment to ETI's Base Code and Principles of Implementation|
|Social Accountability International (SAI) SA8000||Social certification standards for decent workplaces across all industrial sectors|