Brand Test Tool
EMV (Europay, MasterCard, Visa) is a global standard describing the use of chip technology for payment cards and payment terminals. UL Brand Test Tool is an all-in-one testing tool for EMV terminal brand certification for MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover/Diners Club, UnionPay, JCB and many others.
Backed by UL’s proven expertise in EMV applications and transaction security, this tool can help customers comply with all brand requirements for successful implementation.
UL Brand Test Tool provides comprehensive testing capabilities for acquirers, acquirer processors, merchants and terminal vendors who want to validate payment devices before connecting to the major payment networks.
The tool has all mandatory tests implemented for:
- Point of sale (POS) terminals
- Mobile POS (MPOS) devices
- Automated teller machines (ATMs)
- Vending machines and other payment devices
It can be used to support the test and certification processes of the major payment associations, including:
- American Express
- Discover / Diners Club
All payment schemes mandate proper testing before allowing payment devices to be connected to their network infrastructure. The ultimate goal of these tests is to verify interoperability and to have an EMV-compliant, payment association-certified terminal that can perform trouble-free transactions within a payment infrastructure.
Whether involved in acquiring EMV transactions, developing POS/ATM software or integrating retail payment environments, brand testing is essential and payment associations have made these tests mandatory.
UL test tools assist customers around the world in easily and successfully performing the required brand testing processes. Additional key benefits include:
- One brand certification tool for all major payment brands
- Up to date with the latest specifications
- Card simulation without physical cards
- Transaction performance testing
- On-screen user guidance when performing tests
- Integration with the MasterCard Terminal Integration Process (M-TIP) and Visa’s Acquirer Device Validation Toolkit (ADVT) test processes
To verify that customers can effectively use the tool and gain maximum benefit, UL offers a service contract for tools that provides access to our technical support services. Our experienced technical team is able to provide support, advice and guidance.
The following support services are covered:
- New releases
- Help desk support
- Bug fixes
- Instant hardware replacement